Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Well that sucked

Wallering at Mile 21 at the Shamrock Marathon.
My first run for my official training! Yay, let's celebrate! Or let's call it all off. I was kidding. I'm just going to fast walk the NYC Marathon. This is just dumb.

 Let's set it up. My last run was 1 week and 3 days ago. It was 6 miles and I survived with no major complications. I decided to start slow and low to avoid injury. Low miles, snail's pace. So it would seem that a 3 miler would be easy peazy. It would seem.

I had set up the run nicely. I planned to run with my super adorable friend Megan (AKA Polly Pocket with a side of crack or Megathon). She's super adorable and pregnant. I mean, I can keep up with a pregnant lady. Oh wait, no I can't. Despite Megan's baby bump and her lack of any discomfort, I was riding that struggle bus the entire 3 miles. Not driving the struggle bus mind you... that would take effort, I was riding it, like wallering in the back seat riding it. Side note: For my non-southern friends, click here for a definition of waller. It was hot. It was humid. It was nasty. I can't wait to do it again?

Run 1, Tuesday June 24, 2014
3 miles
28:08
9:23 pace
Low and SLOW and hot and miserable.

Total training mileage = 3 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment