Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rest Day Ramblings

Because we all know that AWSOME is my favorite word!
So, I started this blogging journey on Monday on a whim. I also started my fundraising AND my training for the NYC Marathon... on a whim. So I have done fundraising before and I have trained for marathons before, but the whole blog thing, well that's brand spanking new to me. People have told me I should blog for years now and I've never done it because of one big huge reason... I get a little b*tchy when people critique my writing.

I would like to be clear with (or should that be to?) everyone following my blog that I SUCK AT GRAMMAR and spelling isn't my bag of chips either. I don't even hide it. If a comma looks appropriate, I'll throw one in. I hate weather and whether, mainly because I think an "h" looks stupid in whether, but whatevs. You catch my drift right? When I was in the 3rd grade I got a 16 out of 100 in spelling on my CAT's (that was like EOG's back in the day). I am dyslexic (so it's super surprising I can even spell that word) and my brain flips & eliminates letters in a word that you read normally and mine only sees key letters and blocks the rest out which makes a completely different word. No lie, I worked at the American Cancer Society and one of our passwords for a website was "wesavelives" as in "We Save Lives". I was on the phone with a co-worker when the email came out and laughed and said, "Why the hell is our password "weasles"?!" It's funny until it's your brain that works that way. Weasles was what I saw. Once I stopped myself and looked again, I saw my error, but you will soon realize, I very rarely stop myself for anything. I just go. So let's wrap these special and glorious gifts I have into a box and label it, I'm 37 years old and I OWN the fact that I can't spell and have really bad grammar, but any intelligent adult should be able to follow along so shut your trap already. No grammar haters allowed!

You're almost there, that's totally fixable with a pen!
Now that we have that straight, stay tuned for tomorrow's post to see if I actually pull my butt out of bed at 4:30am for my run at Elm Street. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.


1 comment:

  1. The tattoo one kills me! Content in a blog is what is important, and you've got a gold mine of that! Just keep blogging! Just keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete